The all new Virtuous is here! Well, maybe not “all new”... but we have some new features and updates you’re gonna want to hear about.
Notes, notes and more notes!
- The ability to attached time tracking to giver notes. You can use this feature to track and report on how your team is interacting with givers. If only there were a way to quickly search and export that kind of information! Well… we’ve also added the capability to search by and export time data from the Query Builder. Select “Contact Note” from the query builder screen and make sure to select “Time Spent” when exporting the data to CSV. Easy-peasy.
- Tired of having to select one of the baked-into-Virtuous note types? You’re not alone. That’s why we’ve added the ability to create your own custom note types. If you’re an administrator for your organization in Virtuous, you can create custom note types by going to System Configuration, then Manage Contact Note Types. Simple as that!
Internationalization, currency and culture settings
- Virtuous has gone global! For those of you with international offices, partners in other countries, or team members working in the field, you can specify culture and currency exchange rates to show giving in a context that makes the most sense for your team.
- “What does this mean to me?” We’re glad you asked!. If you’re a US-only organization, you don’t need to make any changes. If you have a need for internationalization, contact your Account Manager and we can train you on the ins-and-outs of this new feature and get help you set-up your profile free of charge.
Update UI/UX on the Giver detail screen
- If your organization has A LOT of email addresses, phone numbers and custom fields attached to each of your contacts - then you’ve likely been frustrated by your default view on the Giver Detail screen. We’ve updated the UI to display MORE information in an easy-to-read format. This will also make view more than 2 individuals under a contact record MUCH easier. Check out the before and after below.
Out with the old.......
In with the new.....
Gift Import Tool - entering gifts in the UI
- When bulk importing gifts from the Gift Transaction Tool, you can manually enter gifts directly into Virtuous instead of creating a CSV to upload first. To bypass upload the CSV, simply select the “Manually Enter” button when creating a new import process. From there, you can create gifts, reconcile with accounts and import into Virtuous in just 3 steps!
- To add new gifts to your batch, just click the blue “Add” icon in the upper-right hand corner of the screen. You can search for Givers by name, ContactID, or LegacyContactID. Pretty cool, eh?!
Fixes, Odds and Ends, and Miscellany
- Restricting what gifts a user can see based on project : If you have users that can only see gifts given to specific projects, the core reports will now respect this Restrict Gifts by Project user permission settings.
- We made some updates to the Pledge Forecasting report to show what pledges have already been fulfilled
- Now you can query Project Notes in the Query Builder! Excellent for streamlining communication to supporters on Project Updates and Progress towards fundraising goals
- Remember those notes updates we talked about above? Ok… well now you can bulk update “time spent” via the query builder as well. Execute a Contact Note Query, click on the actions menu and select “Edit Notes.”
- We’ve made some updates around Campaign segmentation data - you now have a list of Tags available in the exported CSV - and we made the export process more stable.
- Reminder emails on Tasks in Virtuous no longer get sent to users that have been archived or removed from your organization
- A couple of bugs have been corrected for anyone that recently set up Hubspot Integration.
- The event invitation export has been fixed for users that were seeing errors download the invite list CSV. We’ve made the process more stable as well!
- UI/formatting fixes to Pledge Aging and Pledge Forecast reports
- Various updates to the receipting export CSV to make the process have more accurate data and reduce headaches in the resulting CSV
- Informal Salutation field is now available for Foundation and Organization contact types.
If you have any suggestions for the next update of Virtuous, please don't hesitate to get in touch with your Account Manager. We'd love to hear your thoughts!
The Virtuous Team